Lost Lantern Mesquite-Smoked Pack
Out of stock
Buy all of our mesquite-smoked single malts in one fell swoop.
Our founders, Nora and Adam, spent a year traveling across the United States in search of great whiskey. They criss-crossed the country, visiting distilleries in dozens of states, and meeting the brave founders and distillers who bet their livelihoods for a chance to make whiskey... often in places where spirits haven’t been made in a hundred years or more.
The best whiskey reflects where it’s made, how it’s made, what it’s made from, and who made it. Lost Lantern’s mission is to shine a light on those whiskies and the independent spirits who make them.
At Lost Lantern, we truly love American single malt whiskey, in all its diversity. But there’s a reason that all of our first American single malt single cask selections have been mesquite-smoked single malt. We wanted to make a statement.
That’s because we believe that mesquite-smoked single malt whiskey is destined to become a signature style in American single malt, and someday (we hope) will be as well-known and well-loved as the heavily peated whiskies of certain regions of Scotland. Mesquite-smoked whiskey is made using a similar process, but mesquite wood brings very different flavors... ones that evoke the American Southwest.
If you love peated single malt whiskey and haven’t tried single malt smoked with mesquite wood yet, these two distilleries are where you should start. Located respectively in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and Tucson, Arizona, Santa Fe Spirits and Whiskey Del Bac are the exemplars of this style, and they both make new and exciting whiskies that deeply reflect where they come from.
Although they’re all made with 100% malted barley, all four of these single casks are quite different from each other. Two of the Whiskey Del Bac casks were aged in used oak, the other in new oak. We believe you can learn a lot about a distillery by trying several single barrels side-by-side, and the variety of flavors seen in these casks shows just how pronounced those differences can be. Big and bold, the three Whiskey del Bac casks are made with 60% mesquite-smoked barley. The Santa Fe Spirits cask was made with 30% mesquite-smoked barley, and has an elegant, bright, and fresh flavor.
This is a unique opportunity to get your hands on cask strength single casks from two of the pioneers of this style.
We are incredibly excited and proud to share these whiskies with you. This pack comes at a modest discount to buying all four individually, and is the easiest way to make sure you’ll be one of the few to taste all of our mesquite-smoked single malts.
Products Included: Casks #1, #5-7
Out of stock
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.