Single Cask #8: Balcones Distilling Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Balcones is a true pioneer, not just in Texas Whiskey but across the board. Their unique releases have proven both that Texas is a serious spirits region and that great whiskey can be made in entirely new ways. Their experiments with mashbills, barrel finishes, barrel sizes, and new techniques have helped break new ground in American whiskey, and we are always excited to work with them. This cask is a great example of what makes them special.
This straight bourbon whiskey shows just what Texas ingenuity, grains, and temperatures can do. It was made from 100% Texas-grown roasted blue corn, an unusual mash bill for a bourbon, and aged for two years in a 60-gallon new American oak cask. It tastes like charred, buttery corn-on-the-cob dipped in maple syrup.
Proof: Natural Cask Strength; 126.8
Quantity Produced: 199
Age: 2 years
Mashbill: 100% Texas-grown Roasted Blue Corn
Barrel Details: 60-gallon new American oak cask
Distillery Location: Waco, Texas
Details: Non-chill filtered; no color added
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.