Single Cask #10: Ironroot Straight Texas Bourbon Whiskey
This is our second selection from Ironroot Republic Distilling in Denison, Texas. Our first Ironroot release, a straight corn whiskey, sold out in record time (20 minutes!), so if you are reading this description, you should think about grabbing a bottle before these disappear too.
Ironroot Republic is located on the north Texas plains, just a few miles south of Oklahoma, which means that they are squarely in tornado country. The pressure fluctuations during tornado season create a unique environment that increases the interaction between the whiskey and its cask. So, even after just 3 years, this Texas straight bourbon whiskey features complex and fully developed oak spice.
The Likarish brothers, who run Ironroot Republic, also experiment with rare heirloom strains of corn to bring out unique new flavors. They are one of the very few distilleries that pair their oak type, char, and toast with the specific corn varietals they’re using. This matching technique results in combinations of flavors that are perfectly matched between oak and grain, and often cultivates unique floral flavors that we rarely get to experience in bourbon.
That’s certainly the case for this Texas straight bourbon whiskey, made from 85% yellow dent corn, 5% purple corn, 5% flint corn, and 5% rye. It was aged in a 53-gallon new American oak barrel for 3 years, and although this pairing may seem traditional, it brings forth truly unique flavors that show what a difference a small amount of heirloom corn can make. Big, bold, and spicy, with a touch of delicate summer violets.
Proof: Natural Cask Strength; 120.6
Quantity Produced: 136 bottles
Age: 3 years
Mashbill: 85% yellow dent corn, 5% purple corn, 5% flint corn, and 5% rye
Barrel Details: 53 gallon new American oak barrel
Distillery Location: Denison, Texas
Details: Non-chill filtered; no color added.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.