Single Cask #9: New York Distilling Co. New York Straight Rye Whiskey
This single cask comes from New York Distilling Co. Located in the heart of Brooklyn (with an additional distillery location upstate), NYDC is one of the country’s first urban distilleries and a champion of the rebirth of both gin and rye whiskey in the Empire State.
This cask is sweet and aromatic. It evokes chocolate-covered Turkish delight. Unlike our apple brandy cask-finished release from New York Distilling Co., this is a straight rye whiskey without a finish. Aged for four years in a 53-gallon new American oak cask, it balances robust rye spice with notes of oak and chocolate. A truly distinctive cold-climate rye whiskey.
Proof: Natural Cask Strength; 117.2
Quantity Produced: 133
Age: 4 years
Mashbill: 75% Rye, 15% corn, and 10% malted barley
Barrel Details: 53-gallon new American oak cask
Distillery Location: Distilled in Pine Island, NY and aged in Pine Island and Brooklyn.
Details: Non-chill filtered; no color added
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.